- Barracuda Message Archiver firmware version 3.5 or higher
- Barracuda Message Archiver URI from your system administrator
- Latest Android Message Archive application available for download from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en
- Android phone or tablet running software version 2.3.3 or greater
- Email address archived by your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver
- Barracuda Message Archiver HTTPS port number
The Barracuda Message Archiver mobile application allows you to perform various actions with your messages that are stored on your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver including:
- Search for archived messages based on email content, or constrain the search to a date range, a specific sender, or subject line content;
- Search deleted messages and emails no longer visible in your mail application;
- View and interact with (reply to, reply all, or forward) archived messages;
- Redeliver messages to your mailbox using the Resend to Me option.
These actions are available directly from your Android phone, allowing transparent access to, and interaction with, your archived messages.
To search your archived mail from your Android device, you must first enter your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver settings, as well as your email address and password.
If you attempt to search archived messages before configuring the settings, an error displays. You must enter the following details to configure the Android device:
- Barracuda Message Archiver hostname or IP address;
- Barracuda Message Archiver HTTPS port number;
- Specify whether the connection is secure;
- Your corporate email address from which messages are archived;
- Your email password.
Use the following steps to get started.
- Before you can set up Archived Mail, you need your Barracuda Message Archiver URI from your system administrator. For example: https://archiver.company.com:443
- Launch Barracuda Archived Mail, and tap Settings; the Settings page displays:
- Tap in the Host field, and enter your organization’s hostname or IP address. For example, enter: archiver.company.com or 192.168.200.200
Tap in the Port field and enter the HTTPS port number. For example, enter 443
In the Email field, tap and enter your email address from which to access archived messages. For example, enter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tap in the Password field, and enter your password for the specified email address.
- Confirm your settings, and tap Save.
- The Settings saved dialog displays; click Ok.
Once configuration is complete, you can begin searching your archived emails.
Tap email at the top of the view, and tap in the Search field to display the keypad. Use the keypad to enter the desired keyword or search string; you must enter at least one keyword to perform a search:
Tap on the desired search criteria:
|All||Returns all messages that contain the search string anywhere in the From field, subject line, or within the email content.|
|Subject||Returns messages that contain only the keyword in the subject line.|
|From||Returns messages that contain only the keyword in the From field.|
|Advanced||Restrict the results to a predefined date range; only those emails sent within the specified date(s) are returned in the search.|
Once you specify the keyword and select the search criteria, tap the Search () icon to display all messages matching your search criteria.
Advanced Search Settings
To specify a specific date range in which to search, tap Advanced at the top of the view. The Advanced Search page displays the current date. The Date From and Date To fields populate with the current date.
- Tap in the Search field, and enter your search criteria.
- Tap in the Date From or Date To field, and enter the desired dates:
- Tap the Search () icon to display all messages matching your search criteria.
All messages matching the specified criteria display in the search results directly below the search criteria.
Once you have completed a search of your archived messages, you can view the message, reply to the message, or forward the message.
- Tap on a message to display the full content in the window; the following options display across the bottom of the screen:
- Reply – Sends an email response only to the message originator
- Reply All – Sends an email response to the message originator and all recipients
- Forward – Send a copy of the archived message to one or more new email addresses
- Tap the desired option, enter the content of your message, and tap send.