Verify the system accessing the web interface is connected to the same network as the Barracuda Message Archiver, and that the appropriate routing is in place to allow connection to the IP address of the Barracuda Message Archiver via a web browser.
To configure administrative settings on the Barracuda Message Archiver:
- From a web browser, enter http:// followed by the IP address of the Barracuda Message Archiver, followed by the default Web Interface HTTP Port (:8000).
For example, http://192.168.200.200:8000
- Log in to the administration interface using admin for both the username and password.
- Go to the BASIC > IP Configuration page and perform the following steps:
- In the TCP/IP Configuration section, verify the IP address, netmask, default gateway for your Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Verify the primary and secondary DNS servers for your Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Enter the default hostname and default domain name of the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- To allow external access to the Barracuda Message Archiver, you must enter an External System Name and Port that is accessible (resolvable) from outside of your organization’s internal network. These may differ from the values in Step 3c above, since the Default Host Name may resolve to an internal IP address that is unreachable by remote users. The values specified here must be externally resolvable, and are used for stubbing operations, as well as by the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in, to communicate with the Barracuda Message Archiver.
- Go to the BASIC > Administration page and perform the following steps:
Assign a new administration password to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
Make sure the local time zone is set correctly.
- You can change the port number used to access the Barracuda Message Archiver administration interface. The default port is 8000.
- Enter the amount of time for the session expiration length (in minutes) of your web administration interface session.
- At expiration, you are required to log back in to the administration interface.
- Enter the email addresses for your Administrator to receive system alerts and notifications, and other urgent communications from Barracuda Networks.
- (Optional) Specify your local SMTP server in the Outbound SMTP Host/Smart Host field.
- (Optional) Specify whether to require secondary authorization for certain actions.
- Click Save.
After installation, your Energize Updates and other optional subscriptions must be activated to fully enable the Barracuda Message Archiver and to continue receiving the latest updates to all virus, policy, and document definitions from Barracuda Central. The Energize Updates service is responsible for downloading these updates to your Barracuda Message Archiver.
To activate your subscription status:
- At the top of every page, you may see the following warning:
- Click on the designated link to go to the Product Activation page in a new browser window.
- On the Product Activation page, fill in the required fields and click Activate. A confirmation page opens and displays the terms of your subscription.
- If your Barracuda Message Archiver cannot communicate directly to Barracuda Central servers, an Activation Code displays; enter this code in the Activation Code area using the steps described below in step 4.
- Return to the Barracuda Message Archiver administration interface and navigate to the BASIC > Status page. In the Subscription Status section, verify that the word Current appears next to Energize Updates , Instant Replacement Service (if purchased), and Premium Support (if purchased). If you received an Activation Code, enter the code in the Activation Code area, and click Save to activate your Barracuda Message Archiver.
- There may be a delay of a few minutes for the display to reflect your updated subscription status. If the status continues to display as Unactivated, click Refresh in the Subscription Status section.
Use the following steps to update the firmware.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page, and verify the installed version matches the Latest General Release. The Download Now button next to Latest General Release is disabled if the Barracuda Message Archiver is up-to-date with the latest firmware.
- If the installed version does not match Latest General Release : read the release notes to learn about the latest features and fixes provided in the new firmware version, and click Download Now to begin the download. Updating the firmware may take several minutes; do not turn off the unit during this process. Click the Refresh button next to the firmware download progress to view the download status. A Firmware downloaded message displays once the download is complete, and the Refresh button is replaced by Apply Now.
- Click Apply Now when the download is complete.
- Click OK when prompted to reboot the Barracuda Message Archiver. A Status page displays the progress of the reboot. Once the reboot is complete, the login page appears.
To apply the newest definitions provided by Energize Updates:
- Go to the ADVANCED > Energize Updates page.
- Set Automatic Updates to On. The recommended setting is On for all available definitions.
- Verify the current version is the same as the latest general release. If the rules are not up-to-date, continue to the next step, otherwise definition update is complete.
- Click Update to download and install the latest available definitions to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
Continue with Step 4 - How to Configure Administrative Settings.